Here are some solutions that you can put in place to respond to the above challenges, help your business run more efficiently, and keep your employees engaged
1. Develop a recruitment and hiring process that engages your managers and makes them responsible for the right hires.
2. Create job descriptions and benchmark salaries of all or key positions to ensure external competitiveness and internal equity.
3. Develop an employee performance process to evaluate and fairly reward employees for their work.
4. Prepare a new hire package to use for on-boarding new employees to include an application; offer letter; required forms; benefits summaries and enrollment.
forms; and important company policies with an acknowledgement form.
5. Create an employee file checklist for retaining the proper documentation for all employees.
6. Create an employee handbook to consistently communicate company policies.
7. Check to see if all required posters are posted and up to date.
8. Train your staff, at a minimum, in preventing harassment in the workplace and conducting interviews.