January 13, 2010
In the wake of devastation, the people of Haiti are in need of help. Many may ask — what can I do and how? I am a huge proponent of giving to trusted and dependable organizations that make a direct and instant impact for those who need it most.
Even $10 can make an impact… just think if 1,000 people contributed $10 — that’s $10,000 of aid to a country that is in dire need. One person can make a difference.
“Give, and it shall be given unto you…”
On January 12, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck Haiti outside the capital of Port-Au-Prince. The devastation is severe: the capital is in ruins, thousands are feared dead, and many more critically injured. GlobalGiving is partnering with local and international organizations providing emergency relief including food and water, shelter, and medical supplies. As the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere, Haiti’s needs are dire. Click here to donate today.
“An online marketplace connecting you to causes…”
About Global Giving
GlobalGiving is an online marketplace that connects you to the causes and countries you care about. You select the projects you want to support, make a tax-deductible contribution, and get regular progress updates – so you can see your impact. GlobalGiving connects you to over 700 pre-screened grassroots charity projects around the world. It’s an efficient, transparent way to make an impact with your giving. Help earthquake victims in Haiti by providing emergency assistance and critical necessities including water, food, shelter, and medical care.
“Make a tax-deductible contribution and get regular progress updates…”
Connecting Donors to Doers
GlobalGiving begins with the dedicated, tenacious individuals who are driving change in their communities. From running orphanages and schools, to helping survivors of natural disasters, these people are do-gooders to the core. We connect these “good idea people” with the “generous giver people” and help projects of all sizes receive donations of all sizes.
Here’s How the Process Works
- Project Leaders post their causes and details about what they need on GlobalGiving.com – giving you an inside look at the project’s unique needs and work being done.
- You browse the website, research causes by topic or location, and pick the one that matches your interests and passions.
- You make a tax-deductible donation and we combine your giving with other generous folks doing the same thing.
- We ensure that at least 85% of your donation is on-the-ground within 60 days and has an immediate impact. Donors have the option to cover GlobalGiving’s 15% fee, in which case, 100% of the donation goes directly to the project.
- You get regular updates telling you what a difference your gift is making and the results that have been achieved.
- If you’re not satisfied with your donation for any reason, the GlobalGiving Guarantee provides you with your money back in the form of a voucher for the amount of your original donation. Learn more about the GlobalGiving Guarantee.